PRINCIPLE, OPERATION, AND MAINTENANCE OF
Author: Shimadzu CAS
Study time: 10 hours
Video time: 3.4 hours
This course offers practical knowledge to familiarize users with operation and general maintenance of Shimadzu GCMS-QP2020 NX.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand of the principle & instrumentation of Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry
- Understand the difference between SCAN and SIM mode
- Use appropriate data acquisition mode for qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Process data acquired both qualitatively and quantitatively by GCMSsolution software
- Troubleshoot some of the commonly encounter issues in GCMS analysis
- Perform basic GCMS maintenances
Materials Required for eGCMS-001
- A Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometry with an autosampler (GCMS-QP2020 NX with AOC-20i) equipped with Split/Splitless injection port (SPL)
- SH-I-5MS column with 30 m length, 0.25 mm ID, 0.25 um df (Cat# 221-75855-30) or equivalent
Chemical & Reagent
- Acetone solvent
- Fragrance standards (Cymene, Benzyl Acetate and n-Decanol)
- 1.5 ml sample vial with cap (P/N 226-54110-31)
- 4 ml sample vial with cap (P/N 226-84412-31)
- If the instrumentation, chemicals and reagents are not available, we still provide the data files for qualitative and quantitative data processing (data processing is done in GCMSsolution software).
- If GCMSsolution software is not available, course contents are still beneficial to all GCMS users.
Request for Live Training
For our customers who require on-site or online training, we provide a live option.